Training - (Rational) Unified Process [RUP]
Course: Fundamentals of (Rational) Unified Process [RUP]
- 1 day for team members and stakeholders who work within the process.
- 2 days for team members who are responsible for tailoring and driving the process.
Delivery: Lecture and discussion
The core audience roles include:
- Project Management and Customer/Stakeholders
- Business/Requirements Analysts
- Software Architects
- Software Designers
- Software Developers
Other roles that can benefit include:
- Senior Management: especially the first 0.5 to 1 day
Price (in USD): The billing for seminar and workshop sessions is computed as follows:
- $285/student/day for students 1 through 12
- $240/student/day for students 13+
- minimum billing for 6 students
- travel and living expenses, at cost
- pro-rated billing for pre-arranged partial-attendance by Managers, etc.
A 1-day seminar that designed to teach the fundamentals of the Unified Process to people who will work within the process.
A 2-day seminar that designed to teach the fundamentals of the Unified Process to people who are responsible for tailoring and driving the process.
Depending upon the project's status, much discussion can be based upon actual project and/or transition issues.
Detailed Seminar Outline
The (Rational) Unified Process
- Symptoms of Software Development Problems
- Habits of Successful Projects
- Best Practices
- Practice 1 : Develop Iteratively
- Practice 2 : Engineer/Manage Requirements
- Practice 3 : Use Component Architectures
- Practice 4 : Modeling Visually (using UML)
- Practice 5 : Continuously Verify Quality
- Practice 6 : Manage Change
Organization and Structure
- Organization by Phase
- Organization by Discipline
- Disciplines and Models
- Business Modeling
- Analysis and Design
- Implementation and Test
- Configuration and Change Management
- Project Management
Implementing a Unified Process (part of the 2-day version, only)
- Having a Successful RUP Transition
I'm interested, what's the next step?
Learn more about the process or simply contact us to let us know what you're currently thinking or what additional information you'd like and you'll get a reply, normally via email the same working day.